Some partners may wish to leave the agreement in the future due to changes in life or other circumstances. The co-owners must agree on how and when to sell the property in case of such things. There must be clear answers and clear direction in the legal agreement. If a co-owner wishes to leave the property for a longer period of time, does this trigger a particular event of the sale or sale of his share? What will happen to a co-owner if he has not fulfilled his obligations? What are the events that trigger the sale of the property as a whole? Don`t leave these questions so little or not at all ambiguous. Everyone has to be on the same side for any kind of exit strategy. The best way to do this is to get together and discuss all the possibilities and exit strategies with your group. Go through all the future scenarios and how you and your group want to manage it best. No matter the little one, no matter how stupid it sounds to discuss, bring all the topics you think have legal support. Be sure to include rights and responsibilities, financial commitments and future scenarios, including exit strategies. Once you`ve had a great discussion and agreed what you want to include and all the strategies to deal with them, then it`s time to find a lawyer to design your legal agreement. A legal co-ownership contract is a bespoke contract that takes into account the wishes of partnerships, which could happen in future scenarios, and creates agreements that follow family law.

It varies from group to group, as the agreement is tailored to each group. Regardless of deviations, a legal agreement on co-ownership should clearly define your agreement and discuss all contingencies and changes with their agreed results. The three main areas of a legal agreement that we will cover are rights and responsibilities, financial commitments and future scenarios. Coverage of all these areas can ensure that in the event of a breakdown of the partnership, the co-owners will not lose control of their homes. The parties agree that each of them contributes equally to 60% of the purchase price and costs and lends the remaining 40% to a bank. They expect the investment to be positive in cash, but if there is a deficit, they are prepared and able to cover one third of that deficit. They agree to commit to a five-year period for the property and give each other the right to acquire the share of a party wishing to withdraw before that date, at the market value then determined by a licensed appraiser. You have a property manager who sells the holiday home and arranges the rental.

Each party also has its own exclusive occupation of the holiday home for 4 weeks a year during agreed periods, and to maintain its easy tax situation, everyone must pay market rent if it does. Step One Your financial planner or real estate advisor is a good starting point for condominium discussions. Once the planned shares, the duration of the holding and the nature and value of the property to be acquired are known, it is then possible to recover it permanently. NOTE: It is important to get legal advice before signing an offer and acceptance contract to avoid potential costs (e.g. B obligation of transmission) when reviewing the shares or the identity of each co-owner. Ideally, the co-ownership agreement is signed before the offer and the acceptance contract. Your legal agreement must be written with the same way of thinking of a will. You and your partners need to think about all the contingencies and remedies that will be useful for at least the next five years.